I am delighted to announce that I have joined forces with my colleague Eileen Duggan to form Resonate Leadership, a Dublin based Executive Coaching practice
We will provide:
- Executive Coaching
- Leadership Development
- Team Coaching and
- Coaching Workshops
Check out our new website at www.resonateleadership.com.
If your reaction to this blog title was disbelief at the possibility of a connection, then read on…. I felt the same! A few years ago a colleague a friend of mine mentioned that she did her master’s thesis on this topic and it conjured up images of a circus act which didn’t connect in any favourable way in my mind with leadership.
My colleague, Annick runs a leadership development business in Geneva and I admire her for bringing her personal passions (both clowning and sailing) to her work. I signed up to one of her ‘leadership labs‘ a couple of years ago as the use of theatre for leadership development was definitely unknown territory for me.
What did I learn? I was astounded at what leadership and clowning have in common. When I say ‘clown’, think Marcel Marceau and explore some of these possible connections.
- The need for a strong presence
- Visibility and exposure (good and bad) that results from putting yourself out there
- An ability to connect
- Being in the moment… being able to be fully present and aware of events and possible consequences as they happen
- Adaptability to whatever the environment presents
- Ability to feel the mood
- Not taking oneself too seriously.
The leadership lab I took part in was a fascinating experience for me personally and taught me to broaden my perspectives. By stepping into a space I was less familiar with, I learnt.
Annick is now taking this another step further and she has a new value propositions ‘the corporate jester’. If you have a conference or meeting coming up and you are looking for something a little different, this is definitely one to be explored. Annick brings her character ‘Margret’ to an event and through use of humour and play, she can:
- Raise awareness of existing patterns, behaviours and habits in a non-traditional way.
- Bring across key messages, even on sensitive topics, in a light hearted yet memorable manner
- Demystify issues, complex or sensitive topics in a humorous way.
- Raise awareness of existing defense mechanism and stimulate readiness to change of behaviours,
- Suggest alternatives & different ways of looking at things
- Generate a sense of togetherness, connecting people around the common issues without blame, motivating them to work together in the same direction.
I look forward to seeing Margret in action in Ireland!